Saturday 9 May 2015

Planting up take two!


So what did I have in my box of goodies? I treated myself to several Geraniums, a Clematis, an Alchemilla Ladies Mantle, Echinacea Purpurea, Rudbeckia, Phlox, a Hydrangea and three Delphiniums! I also picked up at Hebe and climbing Jasmine randomly from a local supermarket (as an impulse buy!). All lovely plants, but i've no idea whether they're suitable for beginner gardeners. Certainly the Delphiniums raised a few eyebrows when I mentioned them to a few more experienced gardeners I know (they are apparently slug magnets and not easy to get established).

This afternoon I finally introduced my new arrivals into their new pad. As before, we conditioned the soil with fresh topsoil and did double digging accross the bed. Without the planting guide I had beforehand it was tough knowing what to put where, but I stuck to the basic tall things at the back and small things at the front. I also planted Nigella and Limnanthes seeds accross the base of the bed.

All in all i'm pleased with the plants but not sure I have enough, or even if they'll all make it! Lets see if they all make it through the next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment